Saturday, June 22, 2013

STRAWRBEAWWIES

Today, rain or shine (actually a lot of rain) we went to Sam Mazza's Strawberry fest.

I knew, in my heart of hearts, that this might be a difficult venture.  Ethan is not adjusting to no school at all and his normal toddler bi-polar-ness is epic.  But still, I'm stubborn.  I knew that Ethan would love it and if I could keep it together all the better.

Long story short, we were all troopers.  Their greenhouses were GORGEOUS and the berry picking was well . . . let's just say that Ethan isn't quite old enough to enjoy the hunt and pick of berry picking (at least without a constant supervisor.)  Toby's stroller was too wide to go down the rows and I wouldn't let Ethan eat the strawberries until they were washed.  I know, I'm evil.

You can't really tell but this place was MOBBED!

 



SUCCESS!!
Ethan's haul on the left and mine on the right after about 10 minutes of picking!
There were also Critters there which Ethan thoroughly enjoyed!  Probably the most tolerant and sweet pony I've ever seen before, a gigantic (very hot) Scottish Highland cow, a smattering of goats and THE SPIDER.  It was a very large black and white jumping spider with iridescent green fangs.  It was one of the largest jumping spiders I've seen since moving to the northeast.  I successfully kept 3 large men (all separate incidents) from squishing him.  I'm hoping that goes in my Karma bank.

Very sweet and tolerant pony.
Very hot cow with VERY large horns.
The goat and the spider :)
"The Spider."
Sweet Goat.


The STUNNING greenhouses!  Ethan was completely uninterested in this part of the trip but I needed some peace and beauty amidst the crowds and screechi-ness.




 
They had a pretty involved Pavilion with kid's activities and strawberry shortcake eating contests.  There was a bouncy house (thank goodness Ethan didn't see it) and a guy that did balloons (spent 15 min in the pouring rain for Ethan to get a balloon that he popped before we got to the car.  Yup.)  I think next year it will be ridiculously fun for both of the boys - they had a good spread of food options as well.  Ethan declared he wanted popcorn instead of ice cream.  I repeated the question several times but my ears did not deceive me!  Don't worry, he changed his mind later . . .

The Kettle Corn that trumped Ice Cream (at least for a lil' while.)
Toby NOMNOMing on sammich.

I did poke into the Gift Shop/Store briefly but it was packed.  I lamented not getting a fresh strawberry smoothie (Ethan was insistent upon Ice Cream NAO!) or getting to peruse their baked goods.  Seriously, wall to wall flesh.  *shivers*

All in all - I'm very glad we went despite the rain - next year it will be a great trip with the boys (and possibly no stroller to hinder my navigation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment